Bach’s English Suites are entitled in a way that is as strange as it is hard to explain, at least at first glance. Contrary to what one might assume, these works are more closely related to French suites than to English music. The title is taken from the inscription “Fait pour les Anglois”, found on a manuscript owned by Bach's youngest son. In addition to an extensive prelude and four...
Home There are 83 products.
- Composer: A. Filz - J.B.Triklir - J.C.Schetky - P.Ritter
- Composer: Angelo Maria Fiorè (1660-1723)
- Composer: Antoine & Jean-Baptiste Forqueray
- Composer: Antonio Soler
- Composer: Binchois
- Composer: C. Debussy
- Composer: C.F. Abel
- Composer: C. P. E. Bach (1714-1788)
- Composer: Caldara
- Composer: Carbonelli
- Composer: Carissimi, Giacomo (1605-1674)
- Composer: Carlo Graziani
- Composer: Carlos Seixas
- Composer: Cazzati
- Composer: Cherubini - Reicha - Dauprat
- Composer: Couperin
- Composer: Debussy
- Composer: Debussy - Ravel - Mahler - Busoni ...
- Composer: Emanuele Barbella
- Composer: Erik Satie
- Composer: Felix Mendelssohn
- Composer: Francesco Feo
- Composer: Francisco Guerau
- Composer: François Francoeur
- Composer: Frederik Neyrinck
- Composer: Fryderyc Chopin
- Composer: Gabrieli
- Composer: Geoffroy
- Composer: Giovanni Gabrieli (1554/57 - 1612)
- Composer: Giralomo Frescobaldi
- Composer: Girolamo Frescobaldi
- Composer: Giuseppe Verdi
- Composer: Graupner -Druzetschky - Sussmayer - Mozart
- Composer: Guami
- Composer: Ignazio Cirri
- Composer: J.B.J. Cabanilles
- Composer: J. C. Bach (1735-1782)
- Composer: J. S. Bach (1685-1750)
- Composer: Jean-Philippe Rameau
- Composer: Johan Huys
- Composer: Johannes Brahms
- Composer: Joseph Haydn
- Composer: Joseph Jongen
- Composer: Ludwig van Beethoven
- Composer: Monteverdi
- Composer: Mozart, W. A. (1756-1791)
- Composer: N. Fiorenza
- Composer: PUCCINI
- Composer: Palestrina
- Composer: Piet Swerts
- Composer: Pullj - Durante- Mancini
- Composer: Purcell
- Composer: Robert Schumann
- Composer: Robert de Visée
- Composer: Scarlatti
- Composer: Schubert, Franz (1797-1828)
- Composer: Schütz
- Composer: Telemann, G. Ph. (1681-1767)
- Composer: Thomas Tallis
- Composer: VIvaldi
- Composer: de Castro, Jean (c1540-c1600)
- Artist: Alessandro Denabian - Quartetto Delfico
- Artist: Alexei Lubimov
- Artist: Alexei Lubimov - Alexei Grotz
- Artist: Alice Foccroulle
- Artist: Anaïs Chen
- Artist: Andrássy Trio
- Artist: Aurélien Delage
- Artist: Bruce Dickey
- Artist: Bruce Dickey Hana Blažíková
- Artist: Calamus Consort
- Artist: Capilla Flamenca - more Maiorum - Piffaro - Trigon
- Artist: Cappella Estense - Maximliano Segura Sánchez - Cristina Grifone - Panos Iliopoulos
- Artist: Christophe Coin
- Artist: Controcorrente Orchestra
- Artist: Dominik Wörner - il Gardellino
- Artist: Duilio Galfetti & Luca Pianca
- Artist: Elinor Frey
- Artist: Enrico Onofri
- Artist: Ensemble Européen William Byrd - Graham O'Reilly
- Artist: Ensemble européen William Byrd; dir. by Graham O'Reilly
- Artist: Flanders Recorder Quartet
- Artist: Georg Nigl
- Artist: Guy Penson
- Artist: I Fedeli - Josué Mélendez
- Artist: I SOLISTI
- Artist: Il Gardellino
- Artist: Inês d'Avena
- Artist: Jan De Winne
- Artist: José Pizarro
- Artist: Jovanka Marville
- Artist: LUCA GIARDINI and FILIPPO PANTIERI
- Artist: La Divina Armonia
- Artist: Lambert Colson & inAlto - Bernard Foccroulle
- Artist: Linda Nicholson
- Artist: Liuwe Tamminga
- Artist: Lorenzo Ghielmi
- Artist: Lydia Maria Blank
- Artist: Marco Testori
- Artist: Marco Testori - Davide Pozzi
- Artist: Margret Koll and Luca Pianca
- Artist: Mensa Sonora - Gabriel Grosbard
- Artist: Michel Kiener
- Artist: Nicolau De Figueiredo
- Artist: OXALYS
- Artist: Oxalys & Dietrich Henschel
- Artist: Oxalys - Toon Fret - Nathalie Lefèvre
- Artist: Oxalys ensemble
- Artist: Paul Dombrecht
- Artist: Piet Kuijken on Pianoforte J.B. Streicher N° 6680 (1868)
- Artist: Riccardo Minasi
- Artist: Sergei Istomin & Viviana Sofronitski
- Artist: Sergei Istomin & Viviana Sofronitsky
- Artist: Stefano Marcocchi and Simone Laghi
- Artist: Sungyun Cho
- Artist: Sunyun Cho
- Artist: Tasto Solo - Guillermo Perez - diapason d'or!
- Artist: Vittorio Ghielmi
- Artist: Xavier Diaz-Latorre
- Artist: Xavier Dìaz Latorre
- Artist: il Gardellino & Arthur Schoonderwoerd
Lorenzo Ghielmi performs the Leipzich ChoralesBWV 651–668, which are a set of chorale preludes for organ prepared by Johann Sebastian Bach in Leipzig in his final decade (1740–1750), from earlier works composed in Weimar, where he was court organist. The works form an encyclopaedic collection of large-scale chorale preludes, in a variety of styles harking back to the previous century, that Bach...
The Partitas are the first work for harpsichord published by Johann Sebastian Bach. Between 1726 and 1730, the partitas were published separately, one per year, before being brought together in a single collection in 1731. Shortly after his appointment of Cantor of the Leipzig Thomaskirche, Bach decided to devote his Opus I to a fashionable genre: the harpsichord suite, a series of dances of...
Sebastian Bach composed many works for violin (besides the pieces for organ and harpsichord, the two instruments he mainly played). He had learned to play the violin as a child and knew its characteristics perfectly well. Unfortunately, the manuscripts of many of his compositions were lost after his death: the three sonatas for violin and basso continuo BWV 1021, 1023 and 1024 are today a small...
Symphonies of Bach’s Sons by the Controcorrente Orchestra: a new dynamic Italian Baroque Orchestra makes its debut with not mainstream symphonies! As the name indicates, they choose to swim against the current and explore hidden gems of the repertoire. But not only are they original, young, and full of dynamic energy, but the result is also simply stunningly good and makes this music come alive...
With this disc, Swiss harpsichordist Michel Kiener presents his interpretation of the Goldberg Variations, one of Bach’s absolute masterpieces. Kiener completed both his piano and harpsichord studies at the Geneva Conservatoire, where he won the prize of virtuosity in both disciplines. He perfected his art with Gustav Leonhardt in Amsterdam and was laureate of the Bruges International...
During the four years between 1750 and 1753, Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach composed three concertos for the violoncello with strings and basso continuo. The A minor concerto (Wq.170/H.432) and the B- flat major concerto (Wq.171/H.436), were written in Berlin in 1750 and 1751, respectively, while the A major concerto (Wq.172/H.439) is dated 1753 in Potsdam
The concertos for oboe and strings Wq 164 and 165 are transcriptions of harpsichord concertos which Bach made in Berlin in 1765: they were very probably performed at a private concert at the court of Frederick the great, which counted a number of excellent oboist among its musicians, like Joachim Wilhelm Dobbert and Johann Christina Jacobi: Bach adapted the harpsichord scores particularly well...
Radical, daring and extremely refined: that’s how C. P. E. Bach saw his new path for the Oratorio, after his father’s Passions had marked the climax of the baroque era. Encouraged by his godfather Telemann and liberated from the yoke of the capricious Frederick of Prussia, he found himself in Hamburg with an audience hungry for new music. And he brought them his oratorios, no longer in churches...
Johann Sebastian Bach’s Sei Solo for unaccompanied violin figure amongst the baroque works on which the performance traditions of the 19th and 20th centuries weigh most heavily. Rediscovered halfway through the 19th century after having been forgotten for more than a century, these works quickly entered the repertoire of works performed by violinists during the Romantic period: from that moment...
Artist(s):Sergei Istomin & Viviana Sofronitsky Composer:Fryderyc Chopin
World Premiere recording of the Six Sonatas for harpsichord with violin accompaniment of Cirri. Ignazio Cirri was maestro di cappella from 1759 at the Cathedral of Santa Croce, now the Duomo in Forlì. In that same year he was granted entrance to the Philharmonic Academy in Bologna. It is not certain whether his teachers included Giovanni Battista Martini who was only five years older. It is...
Flemish composer Johan Huys is equally proficient on all keyboard instruments, but he is best known as a harpsichordist. He was president of the competition at the MA Festival Bruges for 39 years. For this world-famous competition, which is inextricably linked to him, he composed several pieces for harpsichord, including the compulsory work for the 2018 harpsichord competition: Ceci n’est pas...
Artist(s):Sergei Istomin & Viviana Sofronitski Composer:Felix Mendelssohn
Artist(s):il Gardellino & Arthur Schoonderwoerd Composer:Ludwig van Beethoven
Deep remorse and the longing for divine redemption are two of the central topics in the cantatas of Northern German Baroque composers. Griet De Geyter and Il Gardellino have selected three exemplary works in this genre by Dieterich Buxtehude, Georg Philipp Telemann and Johann Sebastian Bach, giving special emphasis to the clearly led voice and striking expressivity of the young Belgian soprano....
With THE FLEMISH CONNECTION vol. 2, I SOLISTI release a second album with works by their composer-in-residence Frederik Neyrinck. He has mastered the art of writing brilliant and innovative compositions that make the most of the wind ensemble’s wealth of sound colours quite like no other. The setting of texts and stories is a recurring theme throughout this fascinating album. Featured are...
Just like most German composers of his time, Telemann was very well acquainted with the stylistic developments in the other European countries, Italy and France in particular, and in his own compositions he assimilated the various national styles: the Lully Ouverture, the stylized French dances and the Italian trio sonata and concerto. Telemann’s contribution to these forms and genres was...
The prodigious flowering of musical culture in the Imperial Court of Vienna in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries is undoubtedly a phenomenon unique in the history of the city: four successive emperors were themselves in their leisure time active musicians, and also enjoyed an excellent reputation as composers! This Cd shows us their musical world, with music both by the emperors and by...